Write concise, clear board papers
With this online course, you’ll learn how to write board and committee papers that pass through the review process more effortlessly.
Board and committee papers are not easy to write because:
- You have to be concise, yet cover everything directors want to know.
- You're writing for highly skilled directors who may not be experts on your topic.
- You're writing for an audience that has a high-level interest in strategy, risks and financial implications.
Although they can be challenging to write, they can also be stimulating. They make you clarify your thoughts, so you can write about technical information in plain English. Once your thoughts are clear, you also have a better idea what supporting detail to include and what to leave out.
Learn from Mary Morel and other board paper experts
This comprehensive course takes you through the process of writing – from planning to reviewing.
The course includes interviews (podcasts) with experts:
- Ken Marshman, chair of REST Industry Super
- Christine Hawkins, non-executive director
- Rob Campbell, New Zealand chair and non-executive director
- Lisa Coletta, corporate governance specialist
- Davina Stanley, managing director of Clarity College
- David Wright, Wright Management Consulting
- Barry Rafe, Rafe Consulting
- Peter Whyntie, independent compliance expert
- Chris Mamarelis, CEO of The Whiddon Group
- Dana Skopal PhD, linguist
- Julie Garland McLellan, author of Presenting to Boards
At the end of this course, you will feel more empowered to write for your board or committee.
About the instructor
I've been working with words most of my career – as a writer and teacher.
In recent years, I've specialised in creating online writing and grammar courses, and working with individuals and organisations to improve their board papers. I've written three books, including, Write to Govern.
I'm a Kiwi-Aussie based in Sydney, but my courses are used by people around the world.
What others have been saying about this course:
Write to Govern course
This course is ideal for those burdened with the task of writing and preparing board or committee papers. Mary Morel takes you through each step clearly and professionally. She is able to simplify an extremely difficult task - this course is a must!